Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Dedication



Our church, Templo Biblico, and the Park Care Center teamed up to do a dedication of Ruben and Juvi's house. All the school teachers were invited and the whole church was invited. We had a packed house. They even brought over the band! The night was a celebration of what God had done in Ruben and Juvi's life. Several people prepared solo's, they even made me get up and sing "Trading my Sorrows". After, a few men from the church spoke, and then Alberto, our school director (and Rubens boss) spoke very emotionally about the family. He retold, with tears in his eyes, the story of how it all came about. It was the first time for many people to hear the extent of the story. After he was done several men insisted I get up and say something. Alot of people didn't really know me very well or know that Caitlin and I were apart the story at all. They wanted to hear from me personally. I had never spoke publically to a large group of people in spanish before, and I was really really scared. But I made it through and just talked about how much of a blessing it was to be apart of the way God was working, and how I was blessed to be apart of such a specail family here. It was a good night

No comments: