Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Possible future?




Some of Jessi's friends from college came for a visit. But they weren't picked up from the airport, mostly because they didn't fly here, they sailed. Derrek and Dan are sailing around the world in their 32' sail boat. Their mission is to see the world and help where they can. They have set up a foundation and are using raised money to help out with organizations like us. They bought enough socks, belts, and underwear for our kids to last awhile. They spent about 2 weeks here and a good portion of it helping at the school, with construction, and whatever else was needed. Jon, Candace, Caitlin, and I all spent the night with them on their boat. We cooked up some mexican food and hung out on the water, experiencing boating life. I think I have a bit of boat fever now. The idea of learning to sail has been ever prevelent in my mind since they left. Possible future? I don't know we'll see, I did pick up some sailing books though to keep me busy in the mean time. You can track them if interested at. http://www.theworldbysea.com/, or check out the links we have on this page,

No comments: